Wednesday, September 16, 2009

And now, a word from El Jefe... Vol. 2


Who’s the devil that wears Prada?
I doubt that it was Anna Wintour…

I don’t know her, but after watching her documentary The September Issue last week, she didn’t seem to be quite the monster that she’s made out to be in the movie Devil Wears Prada. One thing that I did notice is how far her word permeates through the veins of the fashion world.
Anna Wintour is the editor in chief of Vogue Magazine USA and when it comes to fashion, she is GOD! Designer big wigs like Oscar de la Renta and Marc Jacobs have their lips securely pressed against her ASS at all times! And these are the same people shelling out millions of dollars in ad money to be in her magazine!
Why? Because she determines whats considered “in” and that very power can make or break brands. Wintour creates trends and celebrities communicate those trends to the masses . She controls the 600 page Fashion Bible … Vogue Magazine.

My question is ….. who has that kind of influence in the world of fine jewelry? Can you point your finger to an individual that can single-handedly legitimize a trend in diamonds? I know I can’t….
Elizabeth Taylor, Liberace and Diddy are all ambassadors and trend setters of diamond jewelry but none of them had the same power of Anna Wintour. My take on this is ….GOOD! Why should one person have that much power? Why should we let a single person determine what's “hot”? DAMN THAT!!!

We should wear what best communicates us as an individual. If I want to wear a black diamond remote control Lamborghini on my neck like Soulja Boy, I’m going to do it!

Jason Arasheben | CEO Jason of Beverly Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment