Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Toys R Us

Keep a new toy, so I wonder how good
I'm not enjoying life, I'm reliving my childhood
Big chain monster, whip game bonkers
Monster truck remind him of Tonka...
--Clipse "Hot Damn"

Call me a "big kid", but I find it amazing what people are making out of diamonds these days. I got so many emails about the Hot Wheels Car (sorry guys, its one of a kind) and the Tyga piece in just a few short days that it made me think; there are alot of grown men playing with toys these days!

I have to admit, I'm kind of a fan of the trend too. Every time you turn around, you see one of your favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon characters popping up on red carpets--dangling around some new celebs neck of course. That, or something to remind us of a time less complicated...

This made me want to take a look back on some of our dopest pieces inspired by the young at heart.

"Marvin the Martian" (sans the Space mo-du-lator)


"Papa Smuf"



And for the gamers, Jason did the "Play Station Controllers" for a client. (I'm curious to see who is going to jump on the Wii controllers. I'm just sayin...)

You remember these?! Okay, show of hands of those who tried to break the pieces off the Slider Puzzle back in the day because they couldn't figure it out?


I'm still waiting on J to make my icy "Jem" logo. Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous. ~VK

2 comments: